Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Food that I want to eat – Spicy Rice Cake (Ddbubokki)



I have eaten them before in Sydney and I love them. This snack is loved by many, young and old, girls and boys. I never make spicy one but I do in my own way to cook it (see below for my recipe). 


I think when I am in Korea I want to experience to buy them from the side of the street or market and eat them.

I did mention above that I cooked them in my own way. I happened to have rice cake lingering around and mincemeat however I don’t have Gochujhang (spicy red Pepper paste). 

Panfry rice cake
Ingredients:

  • Rice cake
  •  Mincemeat (any kind you like)
  • 2 cloves of Garlic
  • Soy sauce (I use Maggie seasoning soy sauce)
  • 3 tblsp Sesame oil
  • Vegetable oil
  • Gochugaru (Red pepper powder) this is optional

Steps:
  • In hot pan, with vegetable oil and pan fried rice cake until crispy and put aside. (you might need to do it in batches)
  • In hot pan as well, pour the sesame oil,  and garlic panfry until fragrant
  • Put mince meat on the pan and panfry until half cook
  • Put the panfried rice cake to the pan
  • Pour the soy sauce and Gochugaru and combine
  • serve
 Easy right? Well I am not a cook book maker so this is will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment