Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Insa Greeting



Since I am learning Korean language at the moment, I want to share a few tips in Korean language here, I can’t really teach you since I am not a teacher but I hope this is useful.

Below I just put on the basic practical greeting. In Korean culture (thank you google) most of the time when they greeting to meet new people they even tell you more than below, but I think for now this will do.


English

한글

English pronunciation

My way to pronounce

Hello

안녕하세요

annyeonghaseyo

Ahn-nyong-ha-se-yo

My name is

이름은 …입니다

nae ileum-eun … ibnida

Nae irem-un … Ibnida

Nice to meet you

반갑습니다

bangabseubnida

Pang-gab-seub-ni-da

Thank you

감사합니다

gamsahabnida

Gum-sah-hab-ni-da

  

People in Korea usually address someone name with honorific title depends on how close they are. It is very common for them to ask when you were born so they now how to address you. (more about what to call on next post)

Common honorific title

한글

English pronunciation

Comment

Example

Ssi

This is for equal speech level or around your age

Irene SSi

nim

This is to address someone that older than you and respected

Seonsaeng-nim (Teacher), halmeonim (Grandmother)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment