Monday, April 21, 2014

Korean Culture Office or KCO

I stumbled this website when I tried to search language course (thank you Google). KCO is located on 255 Elizabeth Street, opposite Hyde Park and Museum Station.

KCO provide a language course, craft course (hanji), cooking course, dance course, K-Party, Movie night (Korean movies of course) most of these with a fraction of fee (Besides cooking course). Although not all course available all the time in KCO, but it is a good to start your love about of Korean somewhere. I only join language course and I will only talk about it (well I don’t joint anything else can’t really talk about it can I?)

KCO office looks like an art gallery. On Elizabeth Street, even though it hard to sight but you will know that's the place since you can see korean traditional drum and TVs shows Kpop music video on repeat. 

I will tell you my experience when I signed up my course.  You can't go there in person and sign up the course, rather on the website you have to email them your interest and wait. I remembered mine was at 9 am sorry forgot the date. I typed what I want to say then by the time it hit 9 am, I pushed the send button. I have to wait for few days to know whether I can join them or not.

The language course itself is for free, however you have to join membership. It's only $25 a year (see cheappppp ass).

My teachers teach at UNSW  as well. So you know they credibility are. Usually the class start from nearly 30 people but the end of the term only 20 survive.

Beside course, every Thursday they have movie night (booked needed) and the korean party every Friday with free food and drinks (alcohol included).

When you have a chance, check out their website on www.koreanculture.org.au

No comments:

Post a Comment